Clopton is a very small village with a population of about 140, most of whom are retired, though there is a small number of professional and executive people. There is no shop or public house in the village, though there is a wide range of amenities in nearby Oundle and Thrapston.
The parish church, dedicated to St Peter, is a Victorian building erected in 1862 in place of a mediaeval church that had previously been demolished. A major restoration of the roof took place in 2008-9 with grants from a number of sources including English Heritage and £10,000 raised locally.
There are special services every other month as announced.